In conjunction with the Jarislowsky Chair in Interprofessional Patient-Centred Care, QUEST-SJ – the Qualitative Health Research Group in Saint John – launched in April 2017.
Supporting researchers, academics, healthcare professionals, students and other stakeholders, QUEST-SJ is an interdisciplinary collaborative that meets monthly to facilitate qualitative health research capacity in Saint John, NB. This initiative has brought together individuals from across disciplines and sectors to build qualitative health research capacity in the Saint John area. Membership currently represents a broad range of qualitative research expertise, interest across various disciplines (e.g. nursing, business, sociology, medicine), and a mix of healthcare and non-profit organizations.
Our overall goal
To build capacity and collaboration in qualitative research, in the broader context of healthcare, by bringing together individuals from across disciplines and sectors.
Our objectives are:
Share expertise across disciplines, sectors and qualitative traditions;
Provide a forum to explore philosophical perspectives, methodology, methods and proposals;
Promote opportunities for networking and interdisciplinary work;
Share resources (e.g., references, transcription services); and
- Support scholastic and professional growth of undergraduate students, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows (e.g., vetting research proposals or providing mock defenses).
The qualitative research group meets monthly (except July and August) to discuss topics in qualitative research (e.g. ethics, funding, opportunities to collaborate), methodological approaches to research and other emerging issues in the development of knowledge.
- Announcements & Updates: A space for our members to share their qualitative research news, events and other relevant information.
- Hot Topic: An open discussion on a topic of interest
- Methodological Focus of the Month: Each month, one of our members presents on an approach to qualitative research to educate and then initiate further discussion.
- Odds n' Sods: A place for other items that do not fit into the other parts of our agenda, as well as notices for the next meeting/event.